Take your phone out of the water as soon as possible unless it’s plugged in. The longer your phone’s in water, the more damage it will sustain. If your phone has been submerged for a long period of time, you may not be able to resuscitate it.
Disconnect the power if your phone is plugged in and in water. If your phone is plugged into a wall charger and submerged in water, turn off power to the outlet before attempting to remove it from the water. Taking your phone out of water while it’s plugged in may result in an electric shock
Turn your phone off immediately, even if it seems to be working. Leaving it on can cause it to short circuit. If it’s been in water, assume it is waterlogged whether it is still working or not
Remove your phone’s battery and cover and place them on paper towels. After removing the phone from the water, quickly gather some paper towels or soft cloths. Lay your phone on top of them while you remove the battery cover and battery. You will need a Philips screwdriver to open most phones.
Detach any accessories that may be on your phone. Remove any protective covers, ear buds, memory cards, or other things that attach to your phone. Be sure to expose all the phone’s slots and crevices to the open air so they can dry properly.